Recent Posts

Blog Archive



Friday, October 10, 2008

Super Cheap College Education

By Amanda Suryan

Do you want your highschoolers to earn a college degree but don't think you can afford to send them to a university? You're not alone. Parents all across the country have the same concerns as you. The cost of living has skyrocketed recently, and many families are struggling just to keep their homes and put food on the table. One single mom I know rarely drives across town because the cost of gas is so high. Maybe you're in the same boat.

Maybe you're thinking, "I want my child to receive a quality higher education, but our family can't afford to get into any more debt right now. College for Junior just might have to wait." You are right in thinking that college is expensive. Just some of the costs involved can include tuition, books (new ones every few months!), room and board, and meal plans. That's not to mention the cost of moving out of home or across the country, depending on where your school of choice is located (add in the cost of moving boxes, a moving truck, gas, etc.). All those things can quickly add up. A college education can easily be $40,000, $60,000, or more.

So why am I telling you this? No, I don't want to strike fear in your hearts. What I do want is for you to think more positively! When I myself graduated from homeschooling in high school, my parents did not have a special savings account set aside for my college education. My dad was a realtor, and my mom stayed at home with my sisters and me. We did not have boatloads of money rolling in. Yet I was able to earn a perfectly acceptable college degree in under four years.

Believe it or not, there are actually cheap ways for a person to earn a reputable degree. The cheapest way that I know of is via distance learning. It's what I did, and it allowed me to earn my English B.A. without having to go into debt!

Brad Voeller, the author of Accelerated Distance Learning, is a homeschool grad who earned his degree for less than $6,000. The great thing is that anyone can do this! It's entirely possible. I did it myself, and I'm certainly no genius. My main costs came from credit-by-examination test fees, study materials, and a one-time tuition fee to an independent study college. That's pretty much it.

So if you want your son or daughter to earn a degree, but don't want to go into debt, consider distance learning. It's a super cheap and easy way to earn a college degree.


For more information I would encourage you to check out the following resources:

Accelerated Distance Learning by Brad Voeller

Earning a Degree - with Accelerated Distance Learning, an e-book by Amanda Suryan

Amanda Suryan is an expert on accelerated distance learning. She has an amazing mini-course called, "Five Reasons Why You Should Consider Becoming a Distance Learner!" Claim your FREE copy!

No comments:

 

GooContents | Jump to TOP